Keyword research is the most important part of SEO. It helps in increasing your website traffic. Especially your blog is brand new.
Every blogger wants to increase organic traffic (search engine traffic) on their blog, but most do not know how? If he happens to be a new blogger.
When I started my blog, I did not know about keyword research, and I used to write blog posts without doing keyword research. As a result, my blog did not get much traffic.
Today in this article, I will tell you how to do keyword research so that your blog can rank well in the Google search engine. So let’s start…
What is Keyword Research?
This is a process in which we have to find out which keywords people are searching more? What is the search volume of that keyword? What is the competition on that keyword?
Read Also: Rank Math SEO Pro Download
Keyword research increases your chances of ranking on that keyword. If you do keyword research before writing a post, you can get a good position in Google search results, and your blog will be able to get a lot of traffic from the search engine easily.
Here I have told about some Keyword Types below.
- Head keywords – These are single words like WordPress, SEO, etc. These types of keywords have a lot of searches. Competition is also very high, and they do not give better results either.
- Body Keywords – These are two words like WordPress guide, SEO tutorials, etc. Their monthly searches are also high, and the competition is medium.
- Long Tail Keywords – This type of keyword includes 2 or more than 3 words like Keyword Research Kaise Kare. They are highly targeted and help in getting targeted traffic to your site. Their search volume is very low, and their competition is also not high.
If your blog is new, I recommend you use long-tail keywords. These keywords help your blog rank quickly in Google. Apart from this, if you also want to rank on Short Tail Keywords, then Long Tail Keywords can help you. Because they also include short-tail keywords.
If you use short-tail keywords for your blog or website, you will not get a better result. Such keywords are not targeted and do not give better search results either.
Very little search is done in the search engine with Short Tail Keywords because we know that the search engine will not give us accurate results.
Even when searching in the search engine, you would be searching by typing a complete question because you get accurate results.
Is it necessary to do Keyword Research?
The answer would be – Yes.
If you want to bring more traffic to your blog and achieve quick success in blogging, then Keyword Research is your first step.
This is more important because there is a lot of competition on keywords in almost every online business.
Suppose you are thinking of writing an article “How to do Keyword research” Now, let’s do a Google search on it once. Google will show you about 3,51,000 search results. As you can see in the screenshot,
Therefore, if you do not do keyword research before writing your content, then Google will not rank your content, and your content will not be visible on the first page of Google. No matter how much good content you write.
How to do Keyword Research?
Here I will tell you in detail how to do keyword research for SEO.
When you have a lot of keywords, you now need to choose the best keywords for your content. But how to know which keywords will perform better for your content.
Although there is no such tool in the market that will tell you – this is the best keyword in your keywords. When choosing a keyword, you have to take care of many things, which I will say here.
- Search Volume – This is very important. The more people search for a keyword, the more traffic you get.
- Long Tail Keywords – If your site is brand new or you want to target keywords on which competition is very low, then Long Tail Keywords can benefit you. Here are some of their benefits:
- It is easy to rank.
- It helps in getting target traffic.
- Gives Better Conversion Rate.
- Long Tail Keywords also help you to organize on Short Tail Keywords.
- Perfect for Competitive Niches.
- The content is easy to optimize.
- Competition – Always select low-competition keywords for your content. Increases the chances of your content appearing on the first page of Google. Keywords with intense competition and high search volume can give a good boost to your site traffic.
- Related Keywords – Use Related Keywords (Similar Keywords) to optimize your content better. It helps Google better understand what your content is about.
The 10 best keyword research tools
Many Keyword Research tools are available in the market that can help you find good keywords. Here is their list below,
It suggests keyword research by Google and Bing and provides a unique proposition. Using this tool, you can easily find long-tail keywords. It also shows related keywords for the keywords you search.
It helps you to find keywords for any niche. Here, you have to type your main keyword. I will show you a list of keywords. You have to choose the best keyword out of it.
Enter your main keyword in Google search. It will start showing you the search keywords related to the keywords, as you can see in the screenshot below.
Google keyword planner is the best and free keyword research tool developed by Google. With the help of this, you can do any keyword research, whether it is a long-tail keyword or anything. Using this Google keyword planner tool, you can find out keyword competition, monthly searches, CPC, and many more.
This is also a very popular tool that helps find long-tail keywords.
If you are looking for a free long tail keyword tool, this trick can also prove to be helpful for you. When you search anything in Google, you see some keywords below, which are long-tail keywords after the search result. You can use them as long-tail keywords in your article.
This is a very good and popular keyword research tool developed by Neil Patel. With the help of this tool, you can easily do good keyword research for your blog post, and it is also easy to use. You can also use its Google Chrome extension, which shows keyword ideas and their keyword difficulty for any search in Google.
This is one of my favorite tools that help you do keyword research and keep an eye on your competitors. However, its free version comes with very limited. Its premium version starts from $99.95 per month.
Ahrefs is a premium keyword research tool that helps you find good keywords for your website and keeps an eye on the competitor.
For PPC campaigns, SEO, article writing, or niche evaluation – this tool will help you with a comprehensive list of highly relevant keyword suggestions to create and improve your message and connect with your audience better.
We help you find actual phrases people use to find information, products, and services.
Read Also: Yoast SEO Premium Download
Depending on who is searching for what on which platform, different patterns are involved. That’s why we have many other sources so you can pick and choose those that match your audience best!
How to Use Google Keyword Planner for Keyword Research
Keyword Planner is a keyword research tool created by Google which is free. But to use it, you need to create an account on Google AdWords. To get started, click on Go to Keyword Planner.
Here, you’ll see two different tools:
- Discover new keywords – This tool helps you do keyword research, allowing you to reach people interested in your product or service.
- Get search volume and forecasts – It helps you check search volume and other historical metrics for keywords. Also, check how the keywords can perform in the future.
Discover New Keywords
As the name suggests, it helps in finding new keywords. If you want to search for new keywords, you have to use this tool.
Note: If you want to write a blog post about “mobile phone 6 GB RAM”, you can not use only “mobile phone” as a keyword as it will not give the correct result. But the keyword “mobile phone 6 GB RAM” will provide a very good result.
You enter “Keywords, Phrases, or a URL.
Keyword Planner will provide you with many keyword suggestions for any keyword or URL. You can see in the screenshot below,
For each keyword suggestion, it will show you:
- Avg. monthly searches
- Top of page bid (low range)
- Top of page bid (high range)
Not only that! You can do Keyword Research by writing multiple keywords at once.
In addition, you can do keyword research by entering the domain or page URL.
It also gives an option, whether you want to use the entire site or just this page for keyword research.
Get search volume and forecasts.
If you now have a list of several keywords and want to see their search volume and other historical metrics, Get search volume and forecasts can help you with this.
Copy and paste them into the search field (you can also upload your keyword list), and click the “Get Started” button.
This will take you to the Forecasts section, where you will only see the data for your keywords. I will show how many clicks and impressions you can expect over the next 30 days for your chosen keyword.
Filter and Sort Keyword Results
When you do keyword research, you will see a lot of keywords. Most of them are not useful.
So you can set up filters to get the best keywords. Above the keyword result, you will see the Add Filter option. It gives you a lot of filtering options. You can see the below screenshot,
Here I will tell you about the required filtering options:
- Keyword Text – This Filter will only show you keywords that contain your keyword.
- Competition – You can filter keywords by “Low,” “Medium,” or “High” competition. Always use keywords with low competition. This will help your post rank faster in Google.
Avg. Monthly Searches – You can use this feature to get keywords with higher search volume. To sort the result Avg. Click on Monthly Searches. Always use keywords with higher search volume.
Now it will show you higher search volume keywords (popular keywords). But when you again use Avg. If you click on Monthly Searches, it will show you low-volume keywords.
Use suggested keywords
When you do keyword research, it provides keywords related to your search term. You can further improve your keyword research by using them.
Use Location Filter to Search Perfect Keyword
When doing new keyword research, first select the country in which you want to rank your content. This will give you better keywords, which people of that country are currently searching for.
Search Keywords With Questions
If you want to know what questions people ask, you can understand through Keyword Planner. All you have to do is Filter>> Keyword text >> contains >> and write these words: how, what, why, when, where.
What are the benefits of keyword research?
Keyword research has many benefits. This is very important to increase blog traffic and rank in search engines.
- Keyword research helps your blog to gain popularity quickly.
- If you write your article by doing keyword research, you can connect target visitors to your site.
- It helps to increase your website ranking and traffic.
- You get the idea (topic) of writing content for your blog with keyword research.
- Keyword research lets you know the competition and search volume on keywords.
- By doing keyword research, you can rank the important keywords of your blog.
- The more your posts rank in the search engine. Your domain authority will increase. The number of backlinks on your site will also increase.
Quick Tips on Keyword Research
- Use long-tail keywords for your content.
- Always select keywords with high search volume.
- Also, keep in mind the CPC at the time of keyword research.
- To find your keywords, you can use Google Keyword Planner, Google AutoComplete, Google Search Related, Ubersuggest, and SEMrush.
In this post, I told you how to do Keyword Research.
I want to tell you again that if your blog or website is brand new, use long-tail keywords instead of short-tail keywords. This will help your blog to rank quickly in Google.
At keyword research, you also have to pay attention to CPC (cost-per-click). If you use keywords with very low CPC for your content, your Adsense earning will not be good. Therefore, keep in mind the CPC at the time of keyword research. Always choose keywords with high searches, low competition, and good CPC for your content.
Small request If you liked this article, do not forget to share it.