Not able to earn enough money through your website that you made with so many expectations? Probably, you have not heard about Affiliate Marketing. Do you know that you get paid just by promoting a product? Yes, it’s true.
What does it take to promote a product? Nothing. But it can give you something.
Although, there are hundreds of ways for earning money online like make money through Referrals, Google AdSense, AdMob, GPT sites, PTC sites, Captcha solver, Writing jobs, Affiliate Marketing, Website flipping, Domain trading, etc. Affiliate marketing is considered as one of the best ways to earn money online, without too much hard work.
Every website has its own definition of Affiliate Marketing. It is an online performance-based marketing technique in which the person is rewarded if someone purchases something through the affiliate link present on his/her website or blog. Product owners increase the sale of their product by permitting others to place a link on their website or blog is called as affiliate links for promotion. Affiliate marketers are those people who promote specific products or websites, for which they are paid.
What is Affiliate Marketing:
If you have a website or a blog of your own then this is the best opportunity for you to earn money. Basically, Affiliate Marketing means bringing traffic from other websites. Consider the example of Amazon for better understanding. If you have a website or a blog of your own, you can earn money by placing affiliate links in it. If your blog or website is popular and has enough traffic, Signup with Amazon associate or Flipkart. After you log in to your associate account you will get a link for promoting the products on your blog and if any visitor visits that affiliate link and goes to the site like Amazon from that link and buys something, you will be paid approximately 4% to 12% of the product amount. This is called affiliate marketing.
The cost of purchasing a product from the affiliate links remains the same, it doesn’t vary. Though the sale of product owners increases but they are not able to make much money, the reason is behind that they have to pay a percentage of the profit to the Affiliate marketers.
How to do Affiliate Marketing-
1. Creating a website and placing affiliate links in it:
The best way to earn money through affiliate marketing is by placing links on your website. The advantage of a website is that it’s free to operate. You can place the affiliate links on your website after it manages to gains traffic. Follow the steps given below to create a website:
- Choose a niche– Niche is a kind of field, industry or a plot of the website. For example, if your website name is TechnoVimal then anyone can easily understand that this is related to vacation, tour, and travels. So its niche will be travel, adventure, tour, etc. You can choose a niche of your website or blog on the basis of your interest, passion and complete information about the topic whose niche you are deciding.
- Consider a domain name– Think of a domain name that is related to your niche. It should be easy to remember and eye catchy for the reader like EasyJunky that belongs to food-related post. Don’t select a complex name that becomes difficult for the reader to remember. Follow the rule ‘KISS’, ‘Keep it Short and Simple.’
- Purchase a domain name– Make a list of at least 10 domain names related to the considered domain name, because it is difficult to get a domain according to your wish in the first attempt. Search for domain names in various domain selling website like GoDaddy, Bluehost, Namecheap, and check whether the name that you have requested is available or not. If you get a domain name available of your choice, purchase it.
- Purchase a web hosting for your website– You need a web hosting plan for storing the contents or pages of your website. You can purchase a web hosting plan from top reputed and reliable web hosting companies such as Bluehost.com, GoDaddy.com, Namecheap.com, and iPage.com.
- Update daily– Don’t forget that you have created a website, else it will lose its traffic and losing traffic means losing the medium of earning. Keep uploading content daily. Content should be unique and rich in information. Without daily content, no one will come to know about your website nor it will gain good rank.
- Gather traffic– Without traffic there is no use of placing affiliate links on your website. If no traffic will be there then who will click on the links? Advertise your website, share links of your website on various social networking sites, emails and text messages. Gather as much traffic as you can.
- Do SEO of your website– Either appoint someone for SEO of your website or learn Search Engine Optimization. SEO increases the Domain Authority (DA), Page Authority (PA), Page Ranking (PR) and of course, it increases traffic on the website.
2. Promotion of products if you don’t have a website of your own:
What will you do if you don’t have a website? It’s not compulsory that you need to have a website to start Affiliate Marketing. You can promote the product on social media.
- Create an attractive advertisement if you don’t have a website of your own– You can create an attractive advertisement of any product and place it on a social networking site like Facebook, with the affiliate link. You can also place the link on other’s websites if they allow you to do so. If any person clicks on this ad and purchases the product, you get paid.
- Write quality content– Though you have gathered traffic on your website. But the need is to gather traffic for this affiliate program. To do so, you can write beautiful and eye-catchy content or description for that product. Tell the people about its uses, it will attract them and their attraction will fetch you money.
- Create a group– You can create a WhatsApp group, facebook group, an email group or a group on any social networking site. Keep posting about various products, their benefits and important information. Display it in such a way that they don’t consider it as spam and will approach it.
3. Promoting on other’s website:
You can also request the owner of some other website to place your affiliate link on their website. You have to convince them by promising to give them a share of what you will get. Otherwise, no one would want to place your affiliate link when they are already earning from theirs.
Setup a payment method
You will have to set up a payment system for sending and receiving money from these sites when someone purchases from your affiliate link. Most of the sites pay through PayPal. PayPal is the most famous and reputed international payment site and app that offers to send and receiving money safely. Also, your old transactions can help you keep track of your profits and losses.
How to be an Affiliate Marketer?
- Firstly, register into a site that offers affiliate marketing. For example, Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Bluehost, etc. has an affiliate program that allows affiliate marketers to earn money every time a customer shop.
- Read the comments of the visitors, take a survey of your visitors and existing customers. This will help you in knowing their choice of product.
- Select a niche in which you are specialized or with which you can work comfortably.
- Search for those products that are somehow related to your website and to your niche can attract the visitors of your site.
- Once your request to be an affiliate associate is accepted by the site on which you registered, login to your account.
- Now, look for affiliate links at the bottom of the homepage.
- Share this link.
How does this affiliate program work?
When your request to be an affiliate marketer is accepted, you receive a unique URL for the product that you have to promote. A part of this URL includes your affiliate ID. Share this link on social networking sites, emails, text messages and the best method is to place this affiliate link on your website or blog. When any visitor or anyone click on this link and purchases something, this link is recorded by an affiliate software, and it automatically informs the site that the product is purchased via your affiliate link, as it contains your unique affiliate ID also. You are paid for every click at the end of the month or after every sale the affiliate is paid, it depends on the company and its terms and condition.
Why be an affiliate marketer?
Here the question that might be coming in your mind is why to enter this business of Affiliate Marketing. I ask why you should not? You should indulge in this business because it’s a headache free job. Affiliate Marketers don’t need to worry about the product and its shipping, you just have to place link. You neither have to make any investment, nor you have to work under someone. You just have to sit at home and work from there. Affiliate Marketer can even take it as a part-time job and earn a few more bucks. The only job that you are required to do is giving your time in increasing traffic on your website.
Companies offering Affiliate Marketing
There are a number of websites that offer Affiliate Marketing for increasing the sales of their product. Some of them are-
- Amazon associates
- eBay Affiliate Program
- Shopify Affiliate Program
- Flipkart Affiliate Program
- Bluehost Affiliate Program
- Clickbank Affiliate Program
- Rakuten Marketing Affiliate
- ConvertKit Affiliate Program
- Shareasale Affiliate Program
- MaxBountry Affiliate Program
It’s never too late to start. Build a website, socialize yourself and earn money through Affiliate Marketing.
Hey lovely readers, I hope that I was able to answer all your questions. Still, if you have any doubt you can ask in comments. I’ll be more than happy to help you.