Learn SEO: SEO (search engine optimization) is a process to attract organic traffic or visitors to your website or website by making it available in the main search results for a particular keyword searched by the user.
Reading time: 17 minutes 15 seconds
Read Also: How To Start A Blog: The Definitive Guide
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
In the current era websites are at the level of need. Creating a website to do is an easy task in itself and it is even more comfortable if you do it in WordPress. What else do you need besides designing and configuring your website? The answer is search engine optimization. You must be thinking what is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the most important thing or an essential requirement for website ranking can be said. Hearing this you might consider it the hardest part. But the answer is no. If you have the right guide then nothing is impossible in this world.
I hope you are well versed in SEO Earth. In addition to the definition of SEO this article tells you everything you need to know about search engine optimization from basic SEO terminology to the importance of SEO.
Basic Concepts of SEO
What do you think is better to jump directly to real-world SEO techniques to skip native ones? Beginners in a hurry to achieve it can leave it. But you never know what step you are missing and how much it matters.
Imagine what you would have done in your preprimary class on the first day of school they gave you to write an essay. Of course you cannot write a single letter because it is not transparent about its basic concepts or has studied A B C D. Now you understand how important the basic concepts are.
Similarly the basics of SEO have the same importance as do advanced SEO techniques. The basics of SEO include:
- Know your audience: for best results you must know your target audience. Whether you want to target people from the USA. UU. United Kingdom India or anywhere in the world.
- Know your competition: keep track of your competition what they are doing and what they are offering. Winners are those who never underestimate their competitors.
- Keyword research: Make a list of the most searched keywords and try to use them 4 to 8 times in your content based on the length of the content. You can use several keyword research tools available online.
- Site structure: this means how your website looks. It should look attractive and organized. In addition it should be easy to navigate. Almost every page of your website must be linked to one or more web pages on your site and must be created by considering yourself as a user.
- Title: a catchy and catchy title of a minimum of 75 characters and a maximum of 55 characters; Do not exceed the threshold to achieve a better CTR (click rate).
- Meta description: gives reasonable meaning in approximately 150 to 140 characters. If your meta description is good the probability of appearing in prominent fragments increases.
Example: <meta name = “description” content = “your description here” />
- URL structure : use concise and descriptive URLs to make it as simple as possible which makes them easy to use.
- Canonical URL: used to indicate to the search engine that the master URL of a page is represented by a specific URL so that duplication of the content does not cause problems.
Ejemplo: <link rel = “canonical” href = “master URL” />
- Content optimization: Create content so that users stay on your website for a longer time. Try to explain in simple and short words. Add compressed images (for example compress images of 120 kb to 50 kb or less) so your website takes less time to load.
- Screenshot Describing the truth: add screenshots because people believe more in what they see than in what they read or hear.
- The site must be suitable for mobile devices (responsive): most Internet users use their mobile phones to perform searches. Your website must be suitable for mobile devices. That is it must be adjusted according to the size of the mobile screen. You can view your website compatible with mobile devices or not through Google Pagespeed Insights.
Recommendation: If you want to start your blog in WordPress you can install the “WP Rocket” “MaxCDN” and the “Shortpixel” add-in to increase the speed of your blog/website page.
- Stay updated: keep track of what’s new; What are the latest SEO techniques? What changes Google is making to its algorithm and many others.
- Stay away from Black Hat SEO: this is a risky technique in the short term and is more likely to get into trouble. You must stay away from Black Hat SEO.
- Follow the guidelines for Google webmasters: you can’t be sure that what you are doing is right or wrong. So before doing anything follow the guidelines of the webmaster of Google.
- Time – Monitor your website at the moment – you probably don’t know that your SEO campaign is valid or not which can generate your site more leads and more sales. For all these things you should continue to measure your results from time to time.
- Active in social networks: social media marketing is the best way to reach your customers and know their interests.
Before reading more about search engine optimization they should understand the basic SEO terminology which helps them better understand the meaning of SEO. SEO consists of more than 200 essential words the most common of which are below the search engine optimization terms.
- Redirection 301: This is a permanent server redirection from your previous URL to the new URL without error “No”. Redirection 301 is a way of telling the search engine that the URL of the web page URL has changed.
- Alt Tag: This is a feature of the HTML image tag. The Alt tag is the text that is displayed when an image takes time or does not load.
- Anchor text: this is the text to which the second page is linked. In simple words, it is a text that works as a link to another page.
- Link recoil: this is a link placed on the web page or website of another person who returns to his web page or website. The process of creating backlinks is called link building. There are two types of backlinks: dofollow and nofollow.
- Black Hat SEO: This is an unethical or inappropriate SEO technique that goes against Google’s guidelines.
- Canonical URL: This is the master URL of your web page that tells the search engine to retrieve it as a master or main URL (4 domain versions: www non-www HTTP https) which you can send to your visitors I want to see SERP.
- Tracking: This is the process by which search engines find new or updated content (web pages images videos and many others).
- CTR ( click rate ): is the relationship between the number of clicks and the number of users who visited the particular web page to which that link exists.
- Deindexed: this means that your website or website has been removed from the search engine index and therefore does not appear in the search results.
- Do-follow: these are links from one site to another which gives SEO credit. In simple words, it provides a backtracking link to other websites.
- Domain Authority (DA): This is a search engine ranking score of a third-party tool that describes how well you rank a website.
- External links: these links point to a domain other than the region in which they exist.
- Function fragments: also known as enriched fragments it is an organic search box that appears at the top of the search results after the search.
- Google Search Console: This is a free program provided by Google which uses the owners of the site to verify how their website works in the search.
- Header: This is the text that is placed in the HTML header tags that are H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, and H6 tags.
- Inbound Link: This is a link to your site from another site and is considered one of the best ways to increase the rank of your website.
- Index: An index is a database where all search engine data is stored. If a page is indexed it appears in the search results of a particular keyword.
- Indexing: this is the process of collecting and storing data for future use by search engines.
- Internal links: internal links are links that point to a page on other pages of your website.
- Keyword: this is any word entered by the user in the search box. It is the most searched word.
- Keyword density: this is the percentage or number of times a keyword appears on a web page.
- Link creation: this is the process of getting more and more inbound links to drive traffic to your website.
- Meta tag: this tells the search engine what your post or website is in a couple of words. Includes meta descriptions and meta keywords.
- Nofollow: This is a link from one site to another which does not grant SEO credit to the other website. In simple words, there is no vote or any link to the search engine index to notice this.
- SEO on the page: it is the SEO that you perform on your page to improve your ranking. For example internal links improvements in keyword density and some others.
- Off the SEO page: – This SEO hat off your site to improve your positioning – for example, Link building.
- Organic results: in addition to the ads the results that appear for a particular query are organic results.
- Organic search: enter any word in the search box click on the search button. This is an organic discovery.
- Page Rank (PR): This is an algorithm used by Google to rank web pages which defines the importance of that web page in the ranking factor.
- Organic traffic: in addition to the unpaid or natural search results that lead to your website they are called organic traffic.
- Page Authority (PA): This is a search engine ranking score that defines how well a web page is ranked in the search results.
- Page view: When a visitor visits a website it is known as a page view.
- PPC (pay per click): PPC also known as CPC (cost per click) is an online ad that users pay when they click.
- RankBrain: This is Google’s current updated algorithm that processes relevant search results.
- Site map: A site map is a list of all the pages available on your website.
- SERP: means a search engine results page. These are the results pages you see after searching.
- Spider (tracker bot robot): The Spider search engine informs new sites new content and reports to verify the data so that the search engines can index and classify them.
- URL (Permanent Link): The Uniform Resource Locator is the address of a particular web page.
- White Hat SEO: This is a type of ethical SEO technique that follows Google’s guidelines.
If you want a deeper understanding of these SEO terms you can consult my article on SEO terminology.
How does SEO work?
The main objective of search engines is to provide the user with high-quality content and the best services that can meet the user’s search objective. You can achieve this only by optimizing the web pages through search engine optimization. I know that search engine optimization is a complex process but to be honest it’s not that complicated.
The questions you can think of how will SEO work? How can a search engine identify pages that are relevant to your search? How can search engines identify the best content and rank web pages? Let me answer your question.
To know how SEO works you must be clear with the basics of SEO. Once you apply all the necessary SEO techniques your work will be over and it’s time to start working for the search engines.
The search engine scans all websites on the Internet to know your site and then continues to work.
The search engine follows three steps to identify the relevant and best content for tracking indexing and ranking.
- Tracking: This is the first step in which search engines send their team of robots such as crawlers spiders or bots to discover what’s new on the Internet and what content is updated. The content not only includes an article but it can vary from an image video PDF to audio content.
- Indexing: Any crawler spider or bot that collects search engine information is stored in the search engine database. Note that not all crawled web pages are also indexed. You must make your content good enough to be indexed.
- Classification: the order of the lowest result of the best result (10 blue links) is known as classification. In other words you can say that the results are ranked in order from best to the poor.
There are three types of SEO. If you want your website to rank well you must do all three types of SEO:
1. On-page SEO
This is SEO that you do on your website or website to improve your ranking. SEO on the page is the most basic type of SEO you need to understand because when SEO on the page of your website is not perfect how can you expect other SEO techniques to make your site top the list? The
The most important thing to do in SEO on the page is the proper keyword research. See the most searched keywords and add them to your content. In addition to keyword research it also includes internal links the most important technique that underlies meta tags meta descriptions text formatting fast page loading the era optimized for mobile devices and other SEO on the page.
You need to work extremely hard on your content as it is the only thing that attracts visitors. Create a masterpiece with a catchy title.
You must start with the content to be excellent; You only have 10-12 seconds to impress a visitor to stay on your page for longer. Google takes a count of how long a visitor stays on your website. Therefore the longer a visitor stays on your website you can offer a better ranking in search engines.
2. Off-page SEO
Off-page SEO is the technique that you apply outside of your site after performing SEO on the page. Most beginners are often confused with the fact that off-page SEO only involves link building. But this is not the truth; It is not limited only to link building. It works with backlinks guest blogs social media marketing social bookmarking and some others.
3. Technical SEO
If your technical SEO is not perfect then there are chances that all your SEO work is in vain. It deals with the tracking and indexing of websites. It provides a good user experience which helps search engines understand the quality of the website.
Once you have completed the correct technical SEO you do not need to repeat it again and again. Instead you just need to verify regular SEO audits.
This was a summary of the types of SEO which I think is not enough. But you should not worry because I have prepared a complete article on how many types of SEO for a better understanding.
There are three main types of search engine optimization techniques:
1. White Hat SEO
Google WebMaster provides some SEO guidelines that a website owner must follow. A white hat SEO technique is the most ethical way to optimize the search engine because it follows Google’s webmaster guidelines and maintains the integrity of the website. It refers to techniques that help improve the ranking of the website.
Although it takes more time and money White Hat SEO is the most used and long-term SEO technique with the least chance of risk. Some basic White Hat SEO techniques include quality content fast site load time link building backlinks easy to navigate website good keyword density and some others.
People who use white hat SEO techniques are more successful than those who use other SEO techniques.
If you are looking for a way to gain popularity quickly you can use the Black Hat SEO technique. But let me remind you that you are using it at your own risk. I say this because Black Hat SEO technology is not ethical they do not follow Google’s webmaster guidelines they violate them. It is profitable so maybe you can save your money but not in the long run. Because it is a short term technique and the risk is high.
There may be times when your web page or website may be blocked in search results for violating search engine guidelines. Your website may end in search engine penalties.
This technique only degrades the quality of your website and reduces its ranking. Black hat SEO techniques include unnatural links paid links cover-up keyword stuffing misleading redirects blog comment spam abundant fragment tagging spam and some others.
3. SEO Gray Hat
Gray Hat SEO is the technique that is between the other two SEO techniques. It does not violate or follow Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
And let me tell you that this does not mean that Gray Hat SEO technology is ethical. However this will not result in a search engine ban on your site. However it is not considered the safest route to follow this technique. Instead it is risky.
Gray hat SEO techniques include buying links duplicate content buying old domains buying social media followers exchanging content link farming unethical redirects and some others.
As advice it is better not to use SEO techniques that violate the Google Webmaster Guidelines.
Importance of SEO
Let me tell you a surprising fact that the keyword “SEO” has been searched for more than 100k per month which also knows that it is not for a low count. You must ask yourself why people search so much about SEO why everyone competes to learn SEO techniques. What is the importance of SEO? The answer to your question is found in my most beloved and shared article about the importance of SEO although 10% of the key points are also mentioned here.
Believe it or not but search engine optimization is the only way to take your website blog or online store to unattainable heights and ensure a huge amount of traffic. Search engine optimization is necessary for several reasons:
- Most users prefer to go through the first 5 or top 10 search engine results (SERP) pages of a particular query. And for your website or website to be among the first 5 or 10 best results search engine optimization is really necessary.
- If the website of your competition is also working well in that case the website optimized for search engines can attract many visitors or customers.
- Google is considered the most reliable search engine hence its search engine results page. Almost all Internet users visit Google once a day and there are billions of users. Therefore SEO is the best way to appear in search results and get organic traffic.
- It is important to know the world’s web environment in constant change. Without SEO you can never know the hottest topics in your niche. Search engine optimization ensures that you know the most searched keywords.
- Any strategy you adopt can make your website or blog famous but not for long. There is no better option than SEO to achieve a long-term effect.
- SEO can tell you how your website works in search engines its bounce rates pros cons how many clicks your website has and many more.
- This provides a completely different level of understanding for the public or their clients.
- SEO offers ten times better opportunities to get traffic.
I know you won’t use SEO unless you’re not aware of its benefits. Learn here some benefits of SEO that everyone needs to know.
- The main objective of SEO is to target quality traffic or in other words target organic traffic.
- The reason why website owners opt for SEO is that it is an inbound marketing strategy. That is it is a customer-centric approach to get traffic.
- SEO maintains the architecture of the website and facilitates the navigation of its users. Not only this but it also makes it easier for search engines to crawl your site and the quality content web pages it contains.
- SEO is profitable. You do not need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on ads.
- You do not need to invest much; You only have to spend the correct amount of time although the content you want to publish must be of high quality.
- You may have heard of PPC ads (pay per click). But you may not have heard of the fact that SEO is more efficient and faster than them. This guarantees 80% more clicks than PPC ads.
- SEO includes techniques such as link building keyword research which ensures organic traffic and is a long-term strategy.
- SEO helps you advance your competition.
- It provides a high click rate.
- For those who own an e-commerce website SEO helps increase sales and potential customers.
- It helps you monitor your weak areas and their fluctuations.
- SEO along with other marketing strategies increases the website ranking.
Let’s stop here because SEO provides so many benefits that it can take a full day of reading and even then there may be some left.
How has SEO changed over the years?
- Content quality: Previously Google did not focus so much on content quality but now the main focus has been on content quality. If the content is not correct Google does not consider anything else.
- Quality over quantity: Previously the quantity was considered more than quality but now everything has changed. Quality is a priority for Google. It doesn’t matter if you have some pages but they must be rich in diversity because a perfect web page is better than a hundred worthless web pages.
- Pay more attention to creating links: In the last decade Google counts the number of internal and external links regardless of whether they exist in the related content. But now as a change relationships that point to irrelevant content are exempt.
- User experience: Google is everything to the user; If you can make your users happy then there is no doubt Google tells.
- Keyword accuracy competition: Previously there wasn’t much competition for a single keyword. However now the game for keyword accuracy has grown so much that Google is considering several things to rank web pages.
- Changes in the Google user interface: fragments voice search podcasts site structure data and new changes in the user interface are some of the things that play an essential role in attracting traffic from Google.
- Link attributes: Previously rel-tag had only one attribute that is rel = “nofollow” for all paid sponsored UGC and untrusted links. But now the red label has three properties that are rel = “nofollow” rel = “sponsored” rel = “relc”.
- Mobile priority: this era is the era of mobile phones; Around 65% of traffic comes from mobile phones. Google focuses more on website optimization for mobile phones. Therefore each website owner takes this into account and creates a mobile-friendly website.
- Google Search Console (GSC): There has been a specific breakthrough in Google Search Console or you can say that your pattern changed a few years ago.
Who needs SEO?
Everyone who owns a website blog or who has an online business needs SEO. SEO is definitely impossible without reaching the best results. Even if you offer the best content and the best products you still need SEO to lead the search results. Because the truth is that your contestants are already using it and hitting you. If you want to complete then you must have the help of SEO.
Call it a revolution or a demand of the time but SEO is what you need most if you want your website to be located in hundreds. In short if you want to get ideas in thousands you cannot simply depend on their content; You need to do the right SEO.
Without search engine optimization you cannot achieve the desired results. Finally but at least you must be real with the fact that if you are not on the first page of the SERP you are not good.
I hope you found this article informative. What SEO strategy do you prefer? Share your thoughts in the comments.