Every blogger wants to increase organic traffic (search engine traffic) on their blog, but most of them do not know how? If he happens to be a new blogger.
When I also started my blog, I did not know about keyword research and I used to write blog posts without doing keyword research. As a result, my blog did not get much traffic.
Today in this article, I will tell you how to do keyword research so that your blog can rank well in SERPs. So let’s start…
What is Keyword Research?
This is a process in which we have to find out which keywords people are searching more? What is the search volume of that keyword? What is the competition on that keyword?
Keyword research increases your chances of ranking on that keyword. If you do keyword research before writing the post, then you can get a good position in Google search results and your blog will be able to get a lot of traffic from the search engine easily.
Here I have told about some Keyword Types below.
- Head keywords – These are single words like WordPress, SEO etc. These types of keywords have a lot of searches. Competition is also very high on them and they do not give better results either.
- Body Keywords – These are made up of two words like WordPress guide, SEO tutorials etc. Their monthly searches are also high and the competition is medium.
- Long Tail Keywords – This type of keyword includes 2 or more than 3 words like Complete WordPress guide etc. They are highly targeted and help in getting targeted traffic to your site. Their search volume is very less and the competition on them is also not high.
If your blog is new, then I would recommend you to use long-tail keywords. These keywords help your blog to grow faster and rank better in SERPs.
If you use short-tail keywords for your blog or website, you will not get a better result. Such keywords are not targeted and do not give better search results either.
Very little search is done in the search engine with Short Tail Keywords because we know that the search engine will not give us accurate results.
Even when you would be doing some search in the search engine, then you would be searching by typing a complete question. Because you get accurate results.
Why is keyword research so important in SEO?
The answer would be – yes
If you want to bring more traffic to your blog and you want to achieve quick success in blogging, then Keyword Research is your first step.
This is more important because there is a lot of competition on keywords in almost every online business.
Suppose you are thinking of writing an article “How to do Keyword research” Now let’s do a Google search on it once, Google will show you about 3,51,000 search results. As you can see in the screenshot,
Therefore, if you do not do keyword research before writing your content, then Google will not rank your content and your content will not be visible on the first page of Google. No matter how much good content you write.
How to Research Keywords for Your SEO Strategy
Here I am going to tell you a step-by-step guide on how to do keyword research for SEO.
When you have a lot of keywords, you now need to choose the best keywords for your content. But how to know which keywords will perform better for your content.
Although there is no such tool in the market that will tell you – this is the best keyword in your keywords. While choosing a keyword, you have to take care of many things, which I am going to tell you here.
- Search Volume – This is very important. The more people search for a keyword, the more traffic you can get.
- Long Tail Keywords – If your site is brand new. Or you want to target those keywords on which the competition is very less, then Long Tail Keywords can be very beneficial for you.
- Competition – Always select low competition keywords for your content. This increases the chances of your content appearing on the first page of Google.
- Related Keywords – Use related keywords to optimize your content better. It helps Google better understand what your content is about.
Best Keyword Research Tools
There are many Keyword Research tools available in the market that can help you find good keywords. Here is their list below,
- Answer the Public – It suggests keyword research provided by Google and Bing and provides a unique proposition. Using this tool, you can easily find long tail keywords. It also shows related keywords for the keywords you search for.
- Google AutoComplete Tool – It allows you to find long-tail keywords for any niche. Here, you have to type your main keyword. This will show you a list of long-tail keywords. You just have to choose the best long-tail keywords from that.
- Google Auto-Suggest – Enter your main keyword in Google search, it will start showing you the search keyword related to the keyword. As you can see in the screenshot below.
- Google Keyword Planner – Google keyword planner is the best and free keyword research tool which is developed by Google. With the help of this, you can easily find any type of keyword whether it is long tail keyword or anything. Using this Google keyword planner tool, you can find out keyword competition, monthly searches, CPC and many more.
- Soovle – This is also a very popular tool that helps in finding long tail keywords.
- Google related keywords search – If you are looking for a free long tail keyword tool, this trick can also prove to be helpful for you. When you search anything in Google, after the search result, you see some keywords below which are long tail keywords. You can use them as long tail keywords in your article.
- Ubersuggest – Developed by Neilpatel, this is a very good and popular keyword suggestion tool. With the help of this tool, you can easily get good long tail keywords for your blog post and it is also easy to use.
- SEMrush – This is one of my most favorite tools that helps you to do keyword research as well as keep an eye on your competitors. Although its free version comes with very limited. Its premium version starts from $99.95 per month.
- Ahrefs – Ahrefs is a premium keyword research tool that helps you find good keywords for your website and keeps an eye on the competitor.
Top Benefits of Keyword Research
Keyword research has many benefits. This is very important to increase blog traffic and get a good rank in search engines.
- Keyword research helps your blog to gain popularity quickly.
- If you write your article by doing keyword research, then you can connect target visitors to your site.
- Helps to increase your website ranking and traffic.
- With keyword research, you get the idea (topic) of writing content for your blog.
- Keyword research lets you know the competition and search volume on keywords.
- By doing keyword research, you can rank the important keywords of your blog.
- The more your posts rank in the search engine, your domain authority will increase. Also, the number of backlinks on your site will also increase.
Quick Tips on Keyword Research
- Use long tail keywords for your content.
- Always select keywords with high search volume.
- Also keep in mind the CPC at the time of keyword research.
- You can use Google Keyword Planner, Google Auto Complete, Google Search Related, SEMrush to find your keywords.
I want to tell you again if your blog or website is brand new, then instead of using short tail keywords, use long-tail keywords. This will help your blog to grow quickly.
Also, you have to pay attention to CPC (cost-per-click) at the time of keyword research. If you use keywords with very low CPC, then earning through Adsense will not be good. Therefore, keep in mind the CPC at the time of keyword research. Always choose keywords with high searches and good CPC for your content.
If you liked this article, don’t forget to share it.