To install Windows on the computer, you must first create a bootable pen drive by downloading the Windows ISO file. With the help of this bootable pendrive, Windows operating system can be installed on the computer.
But how to make this bootable pen drive? After all, how to make pen drive bootable safely and easily?
Earlier, people used to install Windows on a computer with the help of CD/DVD. These CDs / DVDs already had Windows burn as soon as you used to go to the computer repair shop and say that I want to get a new Windows installed or laptop format, then with the help of these CDs / DVDs, they used to install new windows in your laptop or computer.
But nowadays, it is the age of the internet. Everything can be done easily sitting at home. For this, you do not need to spend any separate money.
Read Also: How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently
You can easily install Windows on your computer or laptop with the help of a pen drive. For this, you can follow the below:-mentioned method.
What is Booting?
When the laptop or computer is started, initially, the computer system loads all the hardware and operating system present in the computer. It is called booting or being booted.
When the computer is turned on, it first checks the correct necessary hardware connected to the computer. Then loads the OS installed in the ROM.
For example, it is started if your computer already has Windows 10 or Windows 11.
This whole process is called booting. If there is a problem with your computer’s hardware or software, then the computer does not start.
How does Boot work?
Making bootable means “able to boot”. When the computer is turned on, the OS such as Windows, Linux, Mac, etc., present in its hard drive or SSD is loaded. All these ora are saved in the computer’s secondary storage like a file. These hard drives are very slow to run. That’s why RAM is used. RAM is fast and works very quickly.
When the computer is turned on, the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) is first loaded, in which you see the logo of your computer manufacturer. This BIOS starts small processes such as the OS saved at a particular place on the hard drive.
Once the OS is loaded, small background processes keep happening. This whole process is called booting.
How to make Bootable Pendrive?
Earlier CDs/DVDs are kept bootable, but this has been clouded with time today. Because CD / DVD used to be very slow and nowadays their use has also decreased. For this reason, Pendrive is used nowadays.
To make Pendrive bootable, we will use the free software, Rufus. To make Pendrive bootable from Rufus, follow these steps:–
- First of all, download the Rufus software.
- Install the Rufus application.
- Put pendrive on your computer and open Rufus software.
- Go to the Select option, and from the browsing window, select your operating system ISO file, which you want to make bootable.
- After selecting the ISO file, click on the Start button and let the process complete 100%.
- When the warning comes, OK it.
- When the Ready option appears, close the window and remove the pen drive from the computer.
Now your pen drive is bootable, boot it on the computer where you want to install the operating system and install windows.
If you do not have Rufus or you do not want to use Rufus for some reason, then in such a situation, you can make pendrive bootable using the command prompt.
Creating a bootable pen drive from the command prompt is very easy.
How to create Windows 11 bootable USB with Command
First, open the command prompt (CMD) in administrator mode. For this, go to the start menu, type command prompt, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as administrator option.
- When the command prompt is open, type the disk part and press the enter button.
- Type list disk to see the list of Pendrive and all disks.
- Now, a screen like this will appear. Here we will use the select disk command to select the Pendrive.
Select disk X Type (in place of X, type the drive number, e.g., select disk 1). Select Pendrive disk and enter
- Type the “clean” command and press “enter”.
- To create a partition in Pendrive, type makes partition primary and enter.
- Now type select partition 1 and enter.
- Now format the pen drive by typing format fs=FAT32 quick.
- Now, make the partition an active partition by typing “active”.
- Exit from the command prompt by typing “exit”.
- Copy the Windows operating system files to your USB pen drive.
Now you can install the operating system with the help of a pen drive by going to the computer on which you want to install windows.
In this way, you can make pendrive bootable.
How to convert bootable USB to normal one
If you have made the pen drive bootable and the task for which it was made bootable has been completed, you would like to know how to make it bootable pen drive normal. In this case, we will talk about bootable pen drives. Can use 2 methods. Create a normal pendrive.
With the help of disk management, a bootable pen drive is normal.
- Go to the Start menu and type Run.
- When the Run dialogue box opens, type “diskmgmt.msc” and enter.
- Right-click on your bootable pen drive’s drive letter (name) and select the Format option.
- Let the process complete.
- Now your pendrive has become a normal pendrive.
Make bootable pendrive USB a normal USB with the help of Diskpart.
- By typing run on the start menu, go to the Run window. If you want, you can also open the run command by using the shortcut key (Ctrl + R).
- Type disk part and press enter.
- Type list disk and select your pen drive from the given list by selecting disk X (X=drive number).
- Now type the “clean” command.
- Select create partition primary.
- type format fs=fat32 quick
In this way, you can convert your bootable drive to a normal drive.
Today we learned how to make a bootable pen drive by Rufus.
To make a bootable pen drive is not a very difficult task. We can make a pen drive bootable very easily, and that bootable pen drive can be used to install the operating system.
Hope you like this information. Tell us in the comments? How did you like the information, did you learn to make a bootable pen drive and how easy or difficult did you find this information and which method is easy.