Who says you have to break the bank to get your hands on a top-quality laptop? The notion that the finest laptops come with exorbitant price tags is false. In fact, we’ve put together a selection of laptops that offer exceptional performance without draining your wallet. These laptops, priced under $1000, encompass portability, performance, battery life, and build quality, making them a superb choice for many users.
It’s important to consider your specific requirements when choosing a laptop. Depending on your individual needs and preferences, there might be certain features you’re willing to compromise on, while others are non-negotiable. For instance, frequent travellers prioritize sturdy build quality and long-lasting battery life, while dedicated gamers insist on high-end graphics and robust CPU performance.
Whether you’re in the market for a laptop for gaming, business, or everyday tasks like web browsing and research, there’s a wealth of budget-friendly options at your disposal. We’ve meticulously curated a list of the top ten laptops under $1000, each offering the essential features you demand.
Top 10 Laptops Under $1000 (December 2023)
1. Newest HP 2023 Pavilion Business Laptop
- 1 TB SSD Storage disk
- Impressive screen size – 15.6”
- 32GB installed memory
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics coprocessor
- Full HD touchscreen
- Good screen-to-body ratio – 82%
- Battery life could be better
- No IR camera
- The Newest HP Pavilion Business Laptop is overall a great laptop that comes with a 15.6” IPS touchscreen that is full HD. The impressive screen-to-body ratio of 82% enables you to run your laptop with just a touch.
- The laptop is sleek, relatively lightweight, and can be carried easily. This laptop also comes with the powerful 13th generation Intel Core i7 processor that makes it uber-responsive and offers the connectivity you crave.
- Coming to the hard drive and memory, the Newest HP Pavilion Business Laptop has ample storage and memory. 1TB PCIe Nvme SSD upgraded storage and 32GB DDR4 RAM are enough to enable seamless photo/video editing and non-stop gaming. These powerful features, backed by excellent hardware, make it a great choice for a budget laptop.
- This laptop also has several USB and Type-C ports, HDMI, and a microphone/headphone combo. All of these features and hardware are presented in a sleek design that is easy to travel. This comes with stunning visuals backed by an Intel Iris Xe graphics coprocessor.
- Go for this laptop if you don’t move around much and have a fixed workplace, as the battery backup is not that impressive to last you all day. All the other features in the HP Pavilion Business Laptop make it the best laptop under $1000.
2. ASUS TUF Gaming F17 Gaming Laptop
- Big screen – 17.3”
- Powerful NVIDIA graphics coprocessor
- Immersive surround sound
- Decent display
- RGB Keyboard
- Signature military-grade durability
- Dedicated gaming laptop
- RAM could be better
- The processor count could be better
Read Also: How to Turn Off Memories on iPhone in 2023
Reasons to Buy
- The ASUS TUF Gaming F17 Laptop is priced below $1000 and is made of military-grade durability to provide a tough gaming mode. Made entirely for gaming, this laptop comes with a big screen of 17.3” along with powerful NVIDIA-powered graphics.
- The decent display and immersive surround sound make your gaming experience enjoyable and real. The RGB keyboard is the cherry on the cake.
- This laptop has good connectivity with ports for USBs and HDMI, along with R145, an audio jack, and a Kensington Lock. So, you can pair it up with multiple devices at once for that pro gamer experience.
- The only drawback of this laptop is that it doesn’t have much when it comes to memory. Although it has 8GB RAM, you cannot multitask with gaming. For a more enhanced and smooth experience, 16 GB RAM is a perfect choice.
3. Acer Swift X SFX14 Creator Laptop
- Multi-touch gesture
- Powerful processor – AMD Ryzen 7
- Impressive graphics – NVIDIA GeForce
- 16;9 aspect ratio
- 100% sRGB display
- Thin and portable
- CPU speed of 1.9 GHz is not very impressive
- The Acer Swift X Creator Laptop is the ultimate budget creator laptop with a powerful processor and impressive graphics. The full HD 14” LED IPS Widescreen with an aspect ratio of 16:9 is enough to enable smooth content creation and editing.
- This laptop from Acer comes with a fast-charging battery that lasts long enough. Lightweight and sleek, this laptop is easy to carry anywhere.
- Multiple ports make it a desirable laptop for connecting several devices at once. It also features a biometric fingerprint reader and supports Windows Hello. Go for the Acer Swift X Creator Laptop if you want ultimate performance from a thin, portable laptop under $1000.
4. Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop
- Backlit Keyboard
- FHD Display
- Powerful processor – Intel Core i7
- NVIDIA powered Graphics
- Decent screen size – 15.6”
- Good CPU speed and processor count
- The memory could be better
- No RGB Keyboard
Reasons to Buy
- The Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, priced under $1000, is powered by an Intel Core i7 processor with a powerful gaming experience. The best part about this gaming laptop is the graphics. Powered by the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics, a 4GB dedicated VRAM, and award-winning architecture, this gaming laptop has everything you need for the ultimate gaming experience.
- The screen size, at 15.6”, is widescreen and impressive, with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- A cool feature of this laptop is that you can instantly visualize your laptop’s fan speed, power plan, loading performance, and component temperature.
- Right from multiple ports to Alexa show mode to good battery life, this laptop has it all except 8GB memory, which could have been better, and an RGB keyboard. Go for the Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop for the ultimate gaming experience.
5. HP Pavilion 17 Laptop
- Long battery life
- 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
- Impressive Touch Display of 17.3” HD+
- Ample memory – 16GB RAM
- Office 365 for one year
- Not lightweight due to its 17-inch screen size.
- This HP Pavilion 17 Laptop under $1000 has an HD+ touch display on a 17.3” screen. The big screen size is definitely a plus when combined with a touch display and AMD Radeon Graphics. However, the processor is an outdated one and could have been better.
- At 4.58 lbs, this laptop is heavy and is not for people who are always on the go. However, the other features, such as the connectivity facilitated by several different ports, make it a decent budget laptop with a touch screen.
- This laptop comes with Windows 10 Home that can be upgraded to Windows 11 Home for free. Additionally, you also get one year of Office 365 for free.
6. Dell Inspiron 15 FHD i7 Laptop
- Impressive RAM – 16GB
- Powerful Intel Core i7 Processor
- Decent Graphics – Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- Good screen size
- FHD display
- No optical drive
- The Dell Inspiron i7 laptop boasts a beautiful FHD display with an anti-glare narrow border on a screen size of 15.6”. Powered by Intel Iris Xe Graphics Coprocessor, this laptop gives you a spectacular display and hence is a good choice for editing and creating content or binge-watching your favorite series.
- The powerful processor enables impressive responsiveness and offers a smooth multitasking experience. With an ergonomic hinge, typing and using the keyboard on this laptop has become so easy and convenient.
- The battery and portability of this laptop under 1000 dollars are the cherry on the cake and make your computing experience seamless.
7. ASUS ZenBook 13 OLED Ultra-Slim Laptop
- Windows 11
- Ultra-slim design
- Integrated card
- Impressive military-grade durability
- NanoEdge Bezel Display
- Built-in IR camera
- Lightweight and sleek
- The memory could have been better but you can upgrade it
- The ASUS ZenBook 13 is an ultra-slim laptop with a 13.3” full HD display. The laptop boasts of a NanoEdge bezel display that offers a 4-way wide view. The powerful graphics backed by an AMD Radeon Graphics coprocessor and an 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Processor offer a good combination of bandwidth and visuals.
- Made of military standard MIL-STD 810H, the ZenBook 13 offers excellent durability and reliability. This laptop is surprisingly sleek and lightweight for such robust hardware and durability. Weighing a mere 2.51 lbs, it can be carried anywhere with great ease.
- With multiple ports and WiFi, Bluetooth, HDMI, Type-C, and USB ports, this laptop offers extensive connectivity and can be connected on the go. Number Pad, built-in IR camera, and backlit keyboard all make it very cool and appealing. The best part about this laptop is that USB-C to audio jack adapter and USB-A to gigabit ethernet adapter are both included with it.
- Although the display, memory, and storage could have been a bit bigger, the weight, portability, durability, and other features make this laptop worth the money in the end. Go for it if you prefer a sleek and portable laptop and do not have much use for storage and memory.
8. HP Pavilion 15 Laptop, 11th Gen Intel Core i7
- Long battery life
- Compact Design
- Windows 11 Pro
- Micro-edge Display
- 16 GB RAM
- Intel Core i7- Processor – 11th Gen
- A bit heavy
Reasons to Buy
- The HP Pavilion 15 Laptop is a premium performance laptop powered by an Intel Core i7 processor and a long-lasting battery to last you through the day.
- Whether you want to create content and edit it or need a laptop for entertainment, this laptop is your best bet. Impressive graphics, decent screen size – 15.6”, along with stunning and crisp visuals make this laptop the ultimate performance laptop that is sure to offer you instant gratification.
- The HP Pavilion 15 laptop comes with impressive memory and storage along with a full-sized keyboard with a precision touchpad. This laptop is also star-energy efficient and sustainable. What else could you ask from a laptop?
- The only downside of this laptop is it’s a bit on the heavier side. But it is still portable.
9. ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultra-Slim Laptop
- Impressive RAM of 16GB
- Excellent CPU speed
- 1 TB Hard Disk
- Integrated card
- Windows 11 Pro OS
- Strong processor
- Infrared wireless communication
- IR webcam
- 14-inch full HD display
- At 5.57 lbs it’s not light in weight.
- The ASUS ZenBook 14 is an ultra-slim laptop with really good features and a powerful processor. The CPU speed at 4.4 GHz is impressive and useful for people that need a fast laptop. This laptop boasts a 1 TB hard disk along with a spectacular 16GB RAM.
- ASUS ZenBook 14 is a sleek and powerful laptop that offers seamless connectivity with 3 USB ports, HDMI, BlueTooth & WiFi. To top it all, it comes with infrared wireless communication and supports windows hello.
- IR Webcam, NumberPad, Backlit keyboard, and ErgoLift hinge make it all the more appealing. The only issue with this laptop is its weight. Weighing 5.57 lbs, this laptop is certainly not for travelers or people who are on the move on a daily basis.
- Apart from the portability, this laptop from ASUS has it all. So, if you are a person that remains indoors at home or office, and need a laptop with quick connectivity, decent features, and powerful memory and storage, then go for ASUS ZenBook 14.
10. Newest Lenovo ThinkPad E15 Business Laptop
- Windows 11 Pro
- Full HD display
- Impressive screen size at 15.6”
- Excellent RAM – up to 40GB
- 1 TB SSD
- High connectivity with HDMI & Type-C USB
- Heavyweight laptop
- No backlit keyboard
- Meager CPU speed 2.1 GHz
- The Newest Lenovo ThinkPad E15 is a Gen 3 Business Laptop featuring impressive memory and storage with a RAM of up to 40GB and 1TB SSD. This laptop boasts enhanced bandwidth, enabling seamless app switching and high-speed data transfer.
- This laptop has a big screen measuring 15.6” with a full HD display. The only shortcoming of this laptop, when the display is concerned, is that it doesn’t have a touchscreen display.
- As far as connectivity is concerned, you can connect it to several devices simultaneously as it has 2 USB Type-A ports, 1 USB Type-C port, HDMI, Audio jack, WiFi, Bluetooth, and RJ-45 ports.
- Windows 11 Pro is great for professionals and makes it a decent business laptop. However, the meager CPU speed of 2.1GHz is a huge drawback for people who need a powerful processor.
Features to look for in a Laptop under $1000
Shopping for a budget laptop is a herculean task as you have to search for the features you need while keeping the budget in mind. Let us give you a few pointers to help you find the best laptop under $1000.
Who doesn’t enjoy 2-in-1 laptops that can be converted into tablets? They are cool and awesome. However, traditional laptops tend to have high performance and great features at a comparatively lower price than 2-in-1. So, if you want features and performance, go for a traditional laptop below $1000.
Battery backup is one thing most people can’t compromise on. But battery backup is an absolute priority for travellers and businessmen who are always on the go. Whereas, for people who remain indoors for most of their day, a little sacrifice on the battery performance can save a lot of bucks. We still recommend that, traveller or not, go for a laptop with a battery backup of at least 10 hours or more.
A well-performing laptop comes with a good CPU. You can easily get a powerful CPU in a laptop under 1000 dollars. No matter your usage, go for at least a Core i5 CPU, as anything less than that will hamper the laptop’s performance. Similarly, 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM should be the minimum storage and memory, respectively. Likewise, nothing less than a 1080p screen configuration will do.
Look at all you want for the other specifications you require, but make sure that the memory, storage, and display specs are as specified above. If you are a creator or a gamer, you would also need heavy-duty graphics and a high-end GPU, which are hard to find in a budget laptop. But we’ve added a few good gaming and creator laptops to the list below to help you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any good laptops under $1000?
As you can see from the above list, laptops under $1000 are certainly good for several tasks, including gaming, business, content editing, and so on. What matters is your requirements and usage. You can get powerful processors, excellent graphics, and impressive memory and storage in budget laptops. However, finding all these features in a single-budget laptop is impossible.
A gaming laptop cannot help you much with content creation. Thus, while going for a budget laptop, make sure to rule out your requirements first and then choose one.
What to choose – Chromebook, Windows, or Mac?
Finding Mac OS in a laptop below $1000 is impossible unless you opt for the basic MacBook Air. Chromebook is a good choice if your usage is limited to web browsing and productivity apps. However, for a broader range of software usage or content creation/editing purposes, Windows is your best bet.
Which processor is good for a laptop?
Intel Core i5 is a capable processor that can easily manage your productivity tasks without any lag. However, if you still need a more capable processor, then opt for AMD Ryzen 7 as it is overall quite faster and more powerful than most processors. Intel Core i7 is another excellent choice when it comes to processors. Intel Core i3 or Pentium Processors are quite slow and do not support extensive multitasking, let alone gaming or content creation.
How much RAM does my laptop need?
The simplest answer is 8 GB. Whether you need to multitask or work with complex apps, 8 GB is sufficient for you. However, for serious gamers and video editors/creators, 16 GB RAM is the best bet.
Is a 4K display laptop affordable?
Who wouldn’t love a laptop with a 4K display and priced below $1000? Playing games on it or binge-watching your favourite shows and movies would be such a dream. However, a 4K display requires powerful specs and a super-battery, as the 4K display drains the battery quickly. To expect all these features in a budget laptop is a bit far-fetched. Yet, a few budget laptops offer a 4K display and well-off features that you can go for. If you increase your budget by over $1000, you can get excellent laptops with 4K displays.
Are touchscreen laptops affordable?
The short answer is – Yes. There are touchscreen laptops that come under $1000 range. However, these laptops may have a few shortcomings that can be ignored if you want to go for a budget touchscreen laptop. The Newest HP Pavilion Business Laptop is best for a touchscreen laptop under $1000.
What is the storage capacity of a laptop under $1000?
The storage capacity of budget laptops below 1000 dollars varies from 500 GB to 1 TB. The higher the memory and storage, the more expensive the laptop, or any other electronic device, becomes. Ultimately, deciding to go for either powerful features while compromising on the storage and memory or dropping features for them is yours. Storage, these days, is not an issue as far as laptops are concerned. Cloud storage has you covered! Additionally, an SD card can also solve your storage issues.
All the laptops on this list are well worth the money. Depending on your need and willingness to compromise in a few areas, you can go with any laptop, and you won’t be disappointed. Which of these laptops under $1000 have you tried? Do comment us.